Join our contact list
Stay informed about death penalty developments, upcoming events, and opportunities for advocacy by subscribing to TCADP’s contact list. Click here to subscribe
Contact the governor
The governor has the authority to sign a death penalty repeal bill, declare a moratorium on the death penalty, grant clemency, and choose whether or not to sign death warrants.
Urge Governor Desantis to end the use of the death penalty in Florida. Contact information:
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Contact your state legislators
Your legislators have the authority to propose and support legislation which would repeal Florida’s death penalty. Email, call, or meet with your state senator and representative and urge an end to the use of the death penalty.
- Find your state senator and contact information
- Find your state house of representatives member and contact information
Contact your local state attorney
Local State Attorneys have the case-by-case discretion whether or not to seek the death penalty. Contact your local state attorney and ask that the death penalty no longer be sought in your name.
Educate others about the death penalty
- Submit letters to the editor and post online comments in response to death penalty-related stories in your local newspaper or online media outlets.
- Watch a film on the death penalty and hold a discussion with your civic group, class, or faith community.
- Host or attend a prayer vigil whenever an execution is scheduled.If you are interested in hosting a presentation on the death penalty, Floridians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty can assist with identifying voices of experience on the death penalty, such as exonorees, murder victims’ family members, family of the executed, legal experts, and law enforcement experts. Visit their website.
For additional resources that may be helpful when contacting elected and appointed officials or hosting an event, please visit: